A SAFE AND SECURE WAY OF GETTING EVIDENCE BASED INJURY MANAGEMENT
Most people’s traditional view of physiotherapy treatment is that it involves “hands on” treatment. In reality, this is only a small portion of what physiotherapists do to assist with injury management. Educating you about your condition, identifying contributing factors from your lifestyle, as well as instigating a structured and tailored exercise program will put you in much more control of your own recovery in the long run.
Core Fitness now offers online physiotherapy service through Tele-Rehab, which has been proven to be as effective as face to face physiotherapy for appropriate injuries and with capable physiotherapists. We use technology that allow secure and confidential video conferences with your physiotherapist.
A Tele-Rehab session involves an assessment of your movement, education and modification of exercise from the comfort of your own home. If you are sick/quarantined or unable to physically attend your appointment, this is a way to ensure you can continue with your appropriate rehabilitation.
We have software in place that enable you to see your exercise programs that can be incorporated in the video consultations. You do not need to purchase or subscribe to anything for us to deliver these sessions. Our secure and confidential Tele-Rehab software enables us to play pre-recorded demonstrations of assessments and exercises or watch each other on a secure platform.
- Back & Neck Pain or Stiffness
- Shoulder, Elbow & Wrist Pain
- Hip, Knee & Ankle Injury
- Post-Operation Recovery
- Pain due to Soft Tissue Injury like Muscle, Ligament & Tendon
- Develop a home exercise program
- Develop a Stretching program
- Track and monitor your exercise progress
- Educate about self management techniques such as how and where to massage certain areas, how to foam roll and release using tennis ball.
Frequently Asked Questions
Tele-rehab is an online video consultation rather than a face-to-face consultation. It is also known as online physiotherapy consultation.
People traditionally think of physiotherapy as being a very hands-on profession, but in fact a lot of it is to do with putting together groups of symptoms to come up with the right diagnosis, which then leads to a rehabilitation plan which can be conveyed through exercise apps and online exercise prescription.
- You make an appointment for a Tele-Rehab via email or WhatsApp.
- You will be informed to make an online payment and to install a Tele-Rehab app on your smartphone, tablet or desktop.
- Your physio will setup a video consultation with you to explain what your diagnosis is and what your recovery process will be.
- Your rehabilitation plan will be sent to the app on your device. This app provides you with video explanations of all of your exercises, and has educational information specific to your injury.
- You can communicate with your physiotherapist via WhatsApp if you have any questions.
- Device Set-Up. Make sure your laptop/mobile device has a good internet connection and is easy to change position with the camera and microphone turned on.
- Space. Make sure you have enough space to step away from the camera so that your
whole body is in view for our physiotherapist to see.
- Attire. Make sure you wear fitting attire and short pant during the session. This can make it easier for our physiotherapist to see your body alignment and movement during the active movement assessment.
- Prepare Exercise Equipment. Please have any exercise equipment you have at home readily accessible. This can be a theraband or light dumbbells.
Price for Tele-Rehab
- Single Session 30 min – $80
* Includes 30 minutes video consultation delivered via the internet
* Plus 4 weeks post-consultation exercise prescription.
Our team of Physiotherapists providing tele-rehab service
Clinical Pilates Instructor
Clinical Pilates Instructor