For Teenagers & Adults
Having a good posture is essential, not only to look elegant but also to prevent posture-related pain, injuries and fatigue. There is a real connection between physical injuries and misaligned posture. A body with joints that are misaligned due to muscle imbalances produces injuries. A body with joints that are truly aligned do not produce injuries.
Today our lifestyles have changed tremendously due to technology. We have to use laptops, tablets or other mobile devices for an extended period of time. We bend our body forward and spend a lot of time sitting. As a result, our body alignment and posture changes over time.
Having able to maintain a proper posture:
• Keeps bones and joints in the correct alignment so that muscles are being used properly
• Helps decrease the abnormal wearing of joint surfaces that could result in arthritis
• Decreases the stress on the ligaments holding the joints of the spine together
• Prevents the spine from becoming fixed in abnormal positions
• Prevents fatigue because muscles are being used more efficiently, allowing the body to use less energy
• Prevents strain or overuse problems
• Prevents backache and muscular pain
• Contributes to a good appearance
Poor posture can lead to many problems whether you are an athlete, an office worker, or a growing teenager. Our multidisciplinary team of physiotherapists, Pilates and GYROTONIC® instructors and Bodywork therapists can address and treat posture related pain and imbalance. We will also give you advice for preventative measures, such as explaining the ergonomically correct workstation setup.