What is Therapeutic Massage?
Therapeutic massage is a modality enabling the therapist to identify restrictions and adhesions in the tissues which may result in injury, spasms or impaired mobility. The techniques used include long sweeping strokes, and lifting, squeezing and rolling of tissues which are applied in a methodical and rhythmic manner to elicit relaxation and assist with the flushing of tissue waste. These are coupled with trigger point and myofascial techniques depending on the clients’ needs.
- Reduce Chronic Pain: helps break the “pain spasm” cycle whilst reducing muscle tightness and improving blood flow to tissues
- Post-Operative Care: helps reduce recovery period and speeds up elimination of anesthetic, as well as reducing pain and stiffness associated with operation
- Health Maintenance and Health Promotion: promotes general tissue health and health awareness
- Pre/Post-Event Sport Participation: improves performance and recovery and reduces the likelihood of serious injury
- Reduce Stress: helps relieve muscular tension and encourages general relaxation
- Improve Posture: increase muscle tone to support joints in the body for better posture
What to Expect During a Session
As every client and her needs differs from day to day, an individualised approach is taken. Our therapist will do a short consultation and movement assessment prior to each session to identify the cause of discomfort so that the best and most efficient approach can be taken.