Pre Natal Pilates
Pre natal Pilates is an excellent way to help you prepare for natural childbirth and life after pregnancy. Pilates helps to realign and balance the body enabling it to function in a more natural state.
Benefits of Pre natal Pilates includes:
- Pelvic floor awareness and toning.
- Prevention of common pregnancy problems such as sacroiliac pain, upper and lower back pain, sciatica etc.
- Strengthening of deep abdominal muscles to provide stability for the pelvis and to endure pregnancy, labor and delivery.
- Improve the upper body strength and alignment in preparation for breastfeeding and caring for new infant.
- Achieve a feeling of well-being and confidence.
We offer private Pre Natal Pilates session. The session will be doen on all Pilates equipment and props (ball, theraband, Pilates arc, etc). Our aim is to provide a stimulating and challenging class yet staying within safety limits of pregnancy. You must be at least 12 weeks (3 months) pregnant and obtain an exercise prescription from your gynaecologist before joining the session.
Post Natal Pilates
Postpartum exercise is one of the most important areas of woman’s health today. Jumping right into an exercise program after delivery is not ideal for everyone. Post natal Pilates is one of the best exercise programs to help you stabilize and strengthen the body after delivery. It prepares your body for more high impact activities in the future.
Benefits of Post natal Pilates includes:
- Pelvic floor muscle rehabilitation.
- Strengthening of deep core muscles to prevent potential injuries such as back pain, sacroiliac pain etc.
- Induce the healing of diastasis recti.
- Restore correct posture and body alignment.
- Improve upper body strength to counteract bad posture due to breastfeeding and caring of the new infant.
- Improve the awareness of proper body mechanics while performing exercise.
Post-natal Pilates sessions are offered on a private one-on-one basis as every new mother experience postpartum symptoms differently. You must be at least 6 weeks post-natal for natural birth and 12 weeks postnatal for C-section and obtain an exercise prescription from your gynaecologist before joining the session.