Prenatal Pilates is an excellent way to help you prepare for natural childbirth and life after pregnancy. Pilates helps to realign and balance the body enabling it to function in a more natural state.
Benefits of Prenatal Pilates includes:
- Pelvic floor awareness and toning.
- Prevention of common pregnancy problems such as sacroiliac pain, upper and lower back pain, sciatica etc.
- Strengthening of deep abdominal muscles to provide stability for the pelvis and to endure pregnancy, labor and delivery.
- Improve the upper body strength and alignment in preparation for breastfeeding and caring for the new infant.
- Achieve a feeling of well-being and confidence.
The session will be done on all Pilates equipment and props (ball, theraband, Pilates arc, etc). Our aim is to provide a stimulating and challenging class yet staying within safety limits of pregnancy. You must be at least 12 weeks (3 months) pregnant and obtain an exercise prescription from your gynaecologist before joining the session.