PRE & POST-NATAL PILATES SPECIALIST™ CERTIFICATION
by Carolyne Sinhu Anthony, founder of The Centre For Women’s Fitness
PMA Approved 20 CECs, ACE Approved 2.0 CECs
DATE: 19 – 21 Feb 2016 (Fri – Sun, 3 days)
FEES: S$1650 (inclusive of course manuals), Early Bird Special: S$1550 before 30 Nov 2015
VENUE: Core Fitness Physiotherapy & Pilates Centre, 583 Orchard Road, Forum Office Tower #05-04, Singapore 238884
Prepare Your Body For Birth And After Birth With Pilates
The Center for Women’s Fitness’ Pre and Post natal Pilates programs have been designed to “Prepare the body for Birth™” and to “Repair the body after the Birth™”
These programs are holistic in nature and work according to nature’s schedule with the help of the mind/body exercise system of Pilates.Here at The Center, we look at the whole person and train her physically, mentally and emotionally, realigning the body for successful natural birthing according to the wishes of the mother.
Our programs educate and empower the woman to take charge of her health and the way in which she would like to give birth. Pilates is our physical focus as it truly combines the mind with the body, allowing the woman to learn to trust not just what her body can do, but also what her mind is capable of.
Our method is based on a holistic approach backed by science. Our comprehensive course includes detailed lectures on the anatomy of the pelvic floor, abdominals and much more. We aim to give the pregnant woman the tools necessary to support her desire for a natural birth.
As a trainer, you can learn how to help these women through this wonderful journey towards motherhood.
Postpartum is one of the most important periods in a woman’s life. Physically her body has undergone a tremendous change in a small space of time. Mentally and emotionally her world has been turned upside down.
As a Pilates instructor, you are in a position to support your client as she transitions into motherhood.While using the Pilates system of rehabilitation, we gently encourage the body to realign and strengthen. Breathing and relaxation techniques allow the mother a chance to calm and focus and re-energize.
This three-day course covers four modules towards the Women’s Health Pilates Specialist Certificate.
- Pelvic Floor Health and Dysfunction
- Pre natal Pilates on the Mat and/or Equipment
- Post Natal Pilates on the Mat and/or Equipment
- Healing Exercises for Diastasis Recti, C section and Pubis Symphysis Derangement.
The information is formatted to become a single program that will allow the instructor to take their client through pregnancy, into the early postnatal period and progress to a regular postnatal session. The exercise programs are linked through each period for maximum benefit to the client.
- Basic anatomy and physiology
- Professional training in fitness, Pilates, Yoga, or related movement modalities
- Program goals
- Physiology of Pregnancy and Postnatal
- Breathing and Relaxation Techniques
- Anatomy of the pelvis and pelvic floor (Pelvic Floor Health and Dysfunction module)
- Posture through the Four Trimesters
- Early Postnatal Period
- Applying the function of the pelvic floor to movement. Understanding how to train the pelvic floor for birth.
- Applying breathing and relaxation to create alignment and release in the body
- Cueing techniques specific for pregnancy and postnatal
- Four trimester programming for mat and equipment
- Early postnatal rehabilitation exercises
- Healing Exercises for Diastasis Recti, C section and Pubis Symphysis Derangement (Module for Women’s Health Certificate)
Certificate and PMA CEC:
Upon successful completion of the 3 days course, participants will receive:
- Pre/Post-Natal Pilates Specialist Certificate awarded by The Centre of Women’s Fitness
- PMA Approved 20 CECs
- ACE Approved 2.0 CECs
How to register:
Click here to download the registration form, and return the completed form:
2. By email to email@example.com
Registration closes on 7 Feb 2016.
Full payment must be made to confirm your participation for the course.