Prenatal & Postnatal Pilates
Pre-natal and post-natal Pilates is an excellent way to help you prepare for natural childbirth and life after pregnancy. Pilates helps to realign and balance the body enabling it to function in a more natural state.
Benefits of Pre-natal and Post-Natal Pilates includes:
- Pelvic floor awareness and toning.
- Prevention of common pregnancy problems such as sacroiliac pain, upper and lower back pain, sciatica etc.
- Strengthening of deep abdominal muscles to provide stability for the pelvis and to endure pregnancy, labor and delivery.
- Improve the upper body strength and alignment in preparation for breastfeeding and caring for the new infant.
- Achieve a feeling of well-being and confidence.
The session will be done on all Pilates equipment and props (ball, theraband, Pilates arc, etc). Our aim is to provide a stimulating and challenging class yet staying within safety limits of pregnancy.
For pre-natal Pilates, we recommend that you are least 3 months into your pregnancy and obtain an exercise prescription from your gynaecologist before exercising.
For post-natal Pilates, we recommend that you start your exercise program 3 months after natural delivery or 6 months after c-section delivery.
If you are experiencing pain and any special condition before or after delivery, you should consult our women’s health physiotherapist for pre-natal or post-natal physiotherapy.